Malignant mesothelioma is one kind or type of cancer that occurs in the thin layer of tissue. This layer that surrounds your internal organs usually called the mesothelium. Mesothelioma is cancer that is very aggressive and deadly. Experts divide this cancer into two different types based on the parts affected.
- Pleural Malignant Mesothelioma.
This is the most common type of mesothelioma is the most common aliases. Due to frequent inhalation of asbestos fibre dust, or an inhalation of asbestos fibres. Dust asbestos fibres will be trapped in the pleural for some time until the resulting inflammation. Occur in the tissue lining around the lungs and is the most common type. This type is most common in people with a percentage of 80% -90% of cases of mesothelioma. There are two ways to distinguish this type with another type:
- Location: pleural mesothelioma is located in the lining of the lungs and the chest wall, known as the pleura.
- Symptoms: as a disease that attacks the lungs, caused symptoms occur in the respiratory system. Such as shortness of breath and chest tightness and pain.
Read also: Signs of mesothelioma
- Peritoneal Mesothelioma
This is the second type of mesothelioma cancer most often occurs. Mesothelioma emerging and growing in the tissue lining the abdominal cavity peritoneum. Different locations but still the same cause, namely the dust of asbestos fibres are inhaled or ingested to settle and develop in the lining of the abdominal cavity channels. Occurs in the tissue that lines the abdomen.A number of patients of this kind are much smaller than pleural mesothelioma, which is 15-20 percent of the total number of cases each year. How to distinguish from other types are:
- Location: peritoneal mesothelioma occurs in the peritoneum, a membrane layer that surrounds the abdominal double and the other organs in the abdomen.
- Symptoms: the symptoms that arise from this type range in the digestive tract system.
Read also: Can Mesothelioma Be Treated?
- Pericardial Mesothelioma.
This is the third most common mesothelioma appears, attacks the tissue that lines the heart. Asbestos also causes have remained the same, and cancer develops from abnormal cells that have been developed in the pleura. Not yet known how the process, until the asbestos dust has infiltrated into the pericardium and thrive in the lining of the heart. Occur in the tissue lining around the heart. The number of sufferers of mesothelioma cancer is very small, ie 1-2 percent of cases occur annually.
- Location: This type of tissue located in the heart called the pericardium.
- Symptoms: These include chest pain, accumulation of fluid in the heart (pericardial effusion), heart murmur, arrhythmias, and variance of the pulse.