What Causes Mesothelioma?
Cancer that attacks the organs originated from cell mutations that cause growth becomes uncontrolled until later doubled. The experts could not determine the cause of this cell mutation. However, the interaction between lifestyle, hereditary conditions and environmental allegedly able to onset of cancer.
Although the exact cause is not yet known mesothelioma, the main risk factors of mesothelioma are asbestos. The disease is relatively rare before the commercial use of asbestos began. Asbestos is a mineral that is used as a material for making brakes, floor, roof, and insulation.
Read also: Define Mesothelioma
Asbestos is widely used in buildings, such as houses, industrial and other buildings. Asbestos is a good thing to keep the temperature resistance. However, asbestos can cause contamination that can be harmful to health. People who live in places that use asbestos are at risk of cancer, which is cancer mesothelioma.
Mesothelioma is only caused by asbestos exposure, though many documented cases have occurred in children or others who do not have a history of asbestos exposure. Asbestos is a mineral microscopic and naturally occurring settle in the pleural lining of the lungs and the peritoneal lining of the abdominal cavity. In some developed countries, those who have been diagnosed with mesothelioma and exposure to asbestos can fill out a short form and then get the latest information mesothelioma treatments, active clinical trials, leading physicians, as well as how to obtain compensation for asbestos-related health conditions like mesothelioma.
Read also: Signs of mesothelioma
Asbestos dust inhaled or ingested accumulates in the lungs and the stomach for a long time, usually around 20-50 years, before eventually develop into mesothelioma. Mesothelioma is diagnosed more often in men than women, and on a person over the age of 65 years.
Below are some other factors that can trigger this disease:
- Environmental whose land contains asbestos
- Staying in the area or live with someone who has a job related to Asbestos exposure also can stick on the skin and clothing so that it can carry asbestos into the home or another environment.
- Frequently or inhaling theasbestos In addition, people around him could be affected. For example, just a wife or children who frequently wash the clothes of her husband who worked with asbestos can also lead to cancer.
- Areas where the air environment there are many substances erionite mineral zeolite or a substance very similar to asbestos fibres. Also able to cause the population affected by the disease of malignant mesothelioma.
- Mesothelioma can be caused by asbestos contained in the building. In the UK there is aban on using asbestos as a dangerous substance enough.
Why is this material dangerous?
When asbestos is sent, a lot of dust that infects humans through breathing and affects them, notably:
- pleuralplaque asbestosis
- diﬀuse pleural thickening
- benignpleural eﬀusion
- lung cancer